Separate circuit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Separate circuit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Separate circuit
Separate circuit
2015-12-18 21:29:14
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Our home office is on a separate electrical circuit from the rest of the house, so that nothing in the rest of the house can trip the office circuit. The internet router is located in the office. We want to use wired internet in the living room. Will the AV1200 3-port power line work in this situation?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Separate circuit
2016-01-29 18:16:45
Unfortunately, there is no conclusive answer I can provide.

Sometimes, powerline adapters will work across multiple circuit breakers and sometimes they will not. If they do, they will likely have decreased speed.

I can though tell you that I did setup a network in one person's home that it did work.
In the situation, the modem and router were in the living room. From there, a set of powerline adapters was used to bring connection to upstairs bedrooms as well as another in a guest house on separate breaker. In both cases, lines were run from powerline adapters to access points to provide wifi across entire property.
Options