TL MR 3220 automatically turns off and on wireless radio

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-31 19:58:58
Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.17.1 Build 140620 Rel.42968n

ISP : Ortel

My router has been working fine but since one week ago has been having problems. The Wireless radio would get disabled (so SSID broadcast will also stop and the WiFi light on router will also stop) automatically. Then after 2 minutes to half hour later it'll get enabled again automatically.

When it gets disabled, if I access local settings page through LAN and enable it manually, it works but will stop if I restart the router until the router decides to 'play nice' in which case the wireless radio will work normally even after restart.

I'm on win 7. I have upgraded and downgraded the firmware. Tried all combinations of SSID name, Region, Channel, Mode and channel width in the Wireless settings page. Change primary and secondary DNS in DHCP page to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively. Nothing works. The WiFi works only when it wants to. I've been calling customer support since 4 days and no one was picking up, one guy did pick up today and with remote access messed with the same settings for 40 minutes. He was almost giving up andd said we'll issue you a new router when suddenly the router decided to 'play nice'. But 10 minutes after getting off the call, the router started playing hide and seek again.

What do I do! The customer care isn't picking up, how am I supposed to get it replaced?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL MR 3220 automatically turns off and on wireless radio
2016-01-07 14:45:16
Hi,the latest firmware for MR3220 is 150929.
You can upgrade it and check if it could solve the problem.
If the issue remains,you can contact tp-link technical support.
Where are you located in?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1686

Replies: 1

Related Articles