Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding
2016-01-03 14:20:38
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey TP-Link,I am struggling like hell for having my ports forwarded in order to access online gaming,but have been failing.At first,I had my Reliance 3G Data Card to access the Internet,and after reading a lot of stuff,I realized that Port forwarding would'nt be possible without a router.So,I bought the TP-Link TL-MR3420 yesterday,after a lot of pocket savings,and still my condition hasn't changed a bit.I changed my dynamic IP to a static one,which is essential I guess for port forwarding.But,the Default getway and IP address are same on Routers Status page,and they are not same as the static IP I set to.
I have forwarded the ports on the routers page to my Static IP,but nothing helps.I dont understand specifically to which IP should I get my ports forwarded to.And when I try to port forward to the IP address from my Routers status page,it shows an Error:26106 The IP address is not in the same subnet with LAN IP address.Really,this has been very killing for me.Please please help me somebody,I really will be helpful to you.If I dont get port forwarding ppossible,I have to Unwillingly return this beautiful product within 7 days,since I bought this only for the purpose of Online Gaming.Thank you for reading my problem patiently!
Options
15 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding
2016-01-03 20:23:14
I know that many 3G/4G providers blocks access from internet. Please check it
Options
2016-01-03 21:01:05
Thank you for the reply.Any idea how I should check that?
Options
2016-01-03 21:09:51
Remains contact with your provider.
Options
2016-01-09 19:21:32
I can confirm that most of 3g/4g internet subscriptions do not provide a direct access to internet, some operator can even give you even a Private IP address.
First of all, if the IP shown by the router on the WAN port is the same that you get if go to the website https://www.whatismyip.com/ in the box "Your IP Address Is". If it is not then you HAVE TO TALK WITH the operator and ask for Public IP/Direct Internet access which usually is provided with M2M subscription which is far more expensive.

gamestarr wrote

Model :
Hey TP-Link,I am struggling like hell for having my ports forwarded in order to access online gaming,but have been failing.At first,I had my Reliance 3G Data Card to access the Internet,and after reading a lot of stuff,I realized that Port forwarding wouldn't be possible without a router.

I think that the above action was a mistake, if you were connecting to internet with a USB dongle then Port forwarding was not need at all because all the connection reached directly your PC instead of your Router. Port forwarding has no sense when connecting directly to internet (i.e. by means of USB 3G/4G Card, a ADSL modedm, and so on)

Model :
So,I bought the TP-Link TL-MR3420 yesterday,after a lot of pocket savings,and still my condition hasn't changed a bit.I changed my dynamic IP to a static one,which is essential I guess for port forwarding.But,the Default getway and IP address are same on Routers Status page,and they are not same as the static IP I set to.

I will return the router in your case because it is not need at all, the issue seems to be the 3G Internet Subscription plan.

Model :
I have forwarded the ports on the routers page to my Static IP,but nothing helps.I dont understand specifically to which IP should I get my ports forwarded to.And when I try to port forward to the IP address from my Routers status page,it shows an Error:26106 The IP address is not in the same subnet with LAN IP address.Really,this has been very killing for me.Please please help me somebody,I really will be helpful to you.If I dont get port forwarding ppossible,I have to Unwillingly return this beautiful product within 7 days,since I bought this only for the purpose of Online Gaming.Thank you for reading my problem patiently!

Regarding how to setup port fordwarding you can read these guides:
- http://www.pcworld.com/article/244314/how_to_forward_ports_on_your_router.html
- http://www.howtogeek.com/66214/how-to-forward-ports-on-your-router/

Ciao,
Stefano
Options
2016-01-10 17:57:46
When I directly use my 3G Data Card,my ports aren't open,which I need for Online Gaming.
The Public IP address,i get on https://www.whatismyip.com/what-is-my-public-ip-address/?iref=home,is different then the IP address on the Router Status Page,under the 3G/4G.
Options
2016-01-11 20:47:54

gamestarr wrote

When I directly use my 3G Data Card,my ports aren't open,which I need for Online Gaming.

Usually when you connect using the 3G Data Card all the ports are open, it is the same as using a ADSL modem ( please note that I wrote modem not router). If some port ar clused it is because the ISP (3G operator in your case) is filtering! There is no hardware only solution that can fix it.
The only solution that I am aware of is to create a VPN with an host that have unfiltered internet access and use that connection for your gaming with the proper Port Fordwarding configuration (no needs real need for a router, you can achieve everything by configuring your PC).
I saw there are some free/paid service for VPN Gaming, but I never used them:
- https://zpn.im/pricing
- https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/34482/5-best-vpns-gaming-december-2015-update/

My suggestion is:
1 - Give a try to ZPN: install the software
2 - Subscribe for ZPN free plan
3 - Try the service with router: it should work
4 - Try the service with the 3G data card: it should work as with the router
5 - Return the router and use the money for a paid ZPN plan

The Public IP address,i get on https://www.whatismyip.com/what-is-my-public-ip-address/?iref=home,is different then the IP address on the Router Status Page,under the 3G/4G.

Do not be afraid to post IP address or even better the screenshot of your test so that we can help you better. Providing IP address is not dangerous, in particular if you don't have a public IP.
Options
2016-01-16 23:54:30
I downloaded ZPN with great hopes,and I am posting the image,the left one's shows network info from a software called PFConfig(I guess you might be aware of this).Actually,before this I have tried a lot of VPNs,etc.softwares like Tunggle.But I dont have much knowledge,thats what I am lacking.You said that there is a Only solution that is "to create a VPN with an host that have unfiltered internet access".
I didnt perfectly understand this one.But I still think with your method,it is possible.But,I dont know where I am wrong.After connecting to ZPN,I port forwarded,the specific port,i.e. 3074,with the help of softwares(Simple Port Forwarding & PFConfig),none of them worked.I manually port forwarded on Routers page,didnt helped even.Actually I had totally lost hope of port forwarding,but YOur Comment insisted me to believe me there is some!!

Options
2016-01-25 00:14:05
Please reply me,Kismet
Options
2016-01-26 05:39:54
Dear Gamestar,

I thought to have replied to you but it seems I am wrong...

I was suggesting to contact directly the customer support of ZPN, because there is a chance that Gaming is enabled only for Premium account (as they do for P2P), you should also specify which are the game that you want to play to.

The most important things that when using VPN service YOU MUST NOT SET ANY PORT FORWARDING because it doesn't make any sense.
Options
2016-12-09 05:30:11
Sorry to bump old thread, you can get paid vpn for gaming check out here which ones are best https://vpntrends.com/best-vpn-gaming/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3580

Replies: 15

Related Articles