Archer C9 keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Archer C9 keeps disconnecting
2016-02-05 04:15:27

Dest wrote

probably found a solution!
i am currently testing it so not sure about it but the router default mtu is 1480 if your ISP uses less, then it can cause trouble with the connection.I am currently trying out with lower mtu.
(btw you can find it at advenced->network->internet->advanced)

Update: Doesn't work still disconnects

Too bad the fixes don't work for you. It always seemed to me that the router was getting a slight drop in signal strength and that caused it to "time out" and disconnect until the signal increased enough to reconnect (mine always did it on its own). I figured there should be a setting that lowered the router's cutoff threshold, so even a slight drop in signal strength wouldn't cause the router to disconnect, but I never found it. Hopefully you are successful figuring this out. I may not own the C9 anymore, but I am still interested to see this get resolved.
Options
2016-02-05 16:02:21
I'm not sure if this is a fix or what, but it seems I've stopped experiencing these connection drops.What I've done is turned on QOS and distributed my devices onto high medium and low priority.The led still turns orange from time to time, but I don't experience connection drops.I think it's caused when the router sends too much data and exceeds my bandwidth, so something somewhere got out of sync between my router and modem.Not sure if it's just a fluke or an actual fix, but it works for me.
Options
2016-02-05 18:39:30

archerC9 wrote

I'm not sure if this is a fix or what, but it seems I've stopped experiencing these connection drops.What I've done is turned on QOS and distributed my devices onto high medium and low priority.The led still turns orange from time to time, but I don't experience connection drops.I think it's caused when the router sends too much data and exceeds my bandwidth, so something somewhere got out of sync between my router and modem.Not sure if it's just a fluke or an actual fix, but it works for me.

Unfortunately, this has no effect on my Archer :-(
Options
Same Issue
2016-02-28 01:11:52
Hi everyone - I am just starting with this same issue. Brand new router which has been solid for a couple of weeks at least, no changes, no power outages nothing and yet randomly Im getting this Orange light thing. I cant reach on the LAN even for some reason and have to perform a full reset each time.

Ive just reflashed the firmware - just wondering if anyone has tried DDWRT if not I might give it a crack

Any other suggestions out there??
Options
2016-02-28 17:35:07
I'm wondering, why TP doesn't have any comments to this problem

Indtast tekst eller en webadresse til et website, eller oversæt et dokument.
Annuller

Oversæt fra: Dansk
I've dropped my Archer C9 and now I use my old Netgear router again :mad: :mad: :mad:
and i'm waiting for a software updating right now !
Options
2016-02-28 17:37:35
I'm wondering, why TP doesn't have any comments to this problem ?

I've dropped my Archer C9 and now I use my old Netgear router again :mad: :mad: :mad:
and i'm waiting for a software updating right now !
Options
2016-03-01 01:19:25
Yikes, any solution for this? I was thinking of replacing my linksys E2500 and the C9 seemed like a nicely priced unit with good range.
Options
2016-03-19 17:58:53
Waiting for update. The problem in update 150916. On the 150507 works fine.
Options
2016-03-24 09:18:27
SOLUTION, as mention above, downgrade to Archer C9_V1_150507.
I downgraded to this firmware and have absolutely no problem since a few months.
Options
Issue
2016-03-24 21:17:24
For me recoonecting solved by downgrade to C9_V1_150507, but my Archer C9 - is Version 1 (V1). Now I conduct negotiations with technical support with a ticket
Options
Related Articles