WPA4220Kit sudden low speeds and disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-06 17:26:37
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I setup the TL-WPA3220Kit from my house to my home office in the garden a few months back - no problems at all. The setup was simple and immediate and I was getting about 35mb download speeds consistently which isn't far off what I get directly in my house. I've had a few occasions since though where the unit is dropping out the powerline network. I put this down to the fact that when I leave my office at night I turn off the plug, but I leave the one on in the house which is plugged into the router (maybe it's forgetting the pairing). I have done this every day though and in the morning I just switch it back on in my office and it connects fine so it's only not worked a few times. Today I am having real trouble with it. The poweline light wasn't on either unit so I had to pair them again, a few times it didn't work so in the end I took the powerline back into the house and did it next to the one plugged in to the router (mainly as it's a pain having to keep going back and forth from my office) when I did this and then connected it again in my office it works again but the connection is really slow. I'm getting less than 1mb download speed. I have checked in my house and the speed in there is fine and as usual. The plugs are directly into wall sockets and not into extensions. I've rebooted everything including the Router as well. I haven't installed anything else on the electrics which might be taking power away. It's literally just started having this issue.

Please help with why it is dropping out, and why when it's working it's such a low connection.

Thanks

Steven
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 0