IEEE 802.3ad LACP bonding on Ubuntu

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-29 18:27:59
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am going to configure an LACP bonding Mode 4 - Dynamic link aggregation bonding on my Ubuntu Server 14.04.3 LTS 64-bit box. My switch TP-Link TL-SG3424 allows for LACP bonding via IEEE 802.3ad protocol. What makes my headaches are the two NICs I have on my motherboard integrated. One of them proves itself to be model Marvell 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, the other one Marvell 88E8001 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. No bonding has been achieved with them. I succeeded just with Mode 1 (active-backup) that works perfect. This is why I started searching for a TP-Link NICs that would meet the requirements, i.e. they support IEEE 802.3ad protocol.

My dealer has offered two TL-SG3424 Revision 3.2 network adapters. I am not sure if they are OK for my configuration. On the TP-Link web site I found the specification of the Gigabit PCI Network Adapter TG-SG3424 Revision 2.1/2.2 that showed the following protocols: IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab, 802.3x, 802.1q, 802.1p, however no IEEE 802.3ad protocol that is supposed to be implemented when configuring the NIC bonding Mode 4 - Dynamic link aggregation. The two cards from my dealer are Revision 3.2, however. In comparison to the web site specification they have a different revision number, but I do not know the exact specification. Hence my questions to somebody among you willing enough to help:

[*]Is there a crucial difference between the Revision 2.1/2.2 specs shown on the website and the unknown specs of the same card model with Revision 3.2?
[*]Does the NIC model TG-SG3424 Revision 3.2 support the IEEC 802.3ad Protocol?
[*]If not, can somebody recommend a different model of a TP-Link NIC that would comply with the requirements for NIC bonding Mode 4 - Dynamic link aggregation?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Many thanks for your nice support in advance.

Joe
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 0