Powerline adapters suddenly not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-06 19:18:12
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought a Powerline kit consisting of TL-PA211 and TL-WPA281 two years ago. If I remember correctly, they were a simple plug and play job to start working. They worked perfectly until yesterday morning. I noticed that some of the settings were messed up (passwords reset to default, MAC addresses not assigned correctly). I decided to reset the Powerline by pressing the reset button on TL-WL281. Since then I can login to the Powerline web page and change and save settings. However the two adapters do not connect with each other and they do not transfer internet. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything, turning everything off and on and tried different ports and sockets. Nothing has made the adapters work.

How can I get the adapters to connect with each other again?

If something is broken, how can I tell which adapter is broken?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline adapters suddenly not working
2020-10-27 19:06:30

@MowingBar I would try this again. Switch off the router and the 2 adapters. Unplug all of them from the walloutlet, wait for 5 minutes then plug all of them back in. Then switch your router and adpaters on one by one.

According to the product description of TL-WPA281 you need to "Press the encryption buttons" and it should start working again.
Secondly if i've understood correctly the TL-PA211 will be plugged into a walloutlet and it will connect to your router via ethernet cable(assuming TL-WPA281 isn't already connected to the router using the ethernet cable). Again you need to "Press the encryptuon buttons" on this as well.
Hopefully this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1186

Replies: 1

Related Articles