Different speeds and passwords reported depending on which PC I run the Utility on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Different speeds and passwords reported depending on which PC I run the Utility on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-23 02:53:37
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am seeing some weird readings on my Powerline network.

I have a pair of single port Powerline 1200 devices which I bought to connect my Sky Box to the network. These seemed to work fine, so I bought a pair of dual port Powerline 1200 devices as well.

I now have the following setup: Single port connected to a port on my router. Single port connected to a laptop. Dual port connected to my Sky Box and my Smart TV. Other dual port not in use (so far).

The weird thing is:

If I run the Powerline Utility on a PC which is not connected via a Powerline device, I can see all of the devices and one set of speeds and a password. If I run it on the laptop which IS connected via a Powerline device I can see the same devices but with a much faster set of speeds and a different password.

Which of the speeds (and which password) is correct ? And why are the readings different ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 0