Extremely low bandwidth, disconnections, general poor performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-03-24 11:52:08
Model : TL-WPA281KIT

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Please read this post if you are considering buying a TP-LINK Powerline adapter. This review is for the WPA281KIT but would apply to others as well

I have a 100 Mbit internet connection and get around 90 Mbit according to http://www.speedlink.net.

If the powerline adapter is in the same room, I get around 60 - 70 Mbit/s which is great. If the powerline adapter is where I need it (obviously in the same room makes no sense at all), I get 3 - 4 Mbit/s OR LESS - sometimes under 1 Mbit/s. I get better throughput using a wireless range extender but thought that the considerably more expensive powerline product would be better.

After several discussions, running many tests and so on with tech support, I received this:

Sincerely sorry that we can't help you to improve your home environment of power lines.
[/FONT]

[FONT=courier new] Please try the different socket and you can also turn off your refrigerator for a few minutes to have a try.
[/FONT]

[FONT=courier new]

[/FONT]

[FONT=courier new] If the different sockets have same problem, that means your home powerlines environment is not suitable for using these powerline adapters.
[/FONT]

[FONT=courier new]

[/FONT]

[FONT=courier new] Apologize for any inconvenience caused.
[/FONT]

[FONT=courier new] Have a nice day.
[FONT=courier new][/FONT]
I'm not about to rewire my home or turn off my refrigerator so my son can have internet access. But it is nice that they apologised for the inconvenience and wished that I have a nice day.

BUYER BEWARE
Options
1 Reply
Re:Extremely low bandwidth, disconnections, general poor performance
2016-03-30 16:35:07
Well ... the sad truth is, powerline transmission can only be as good as your powerline wiring is. In my house, the worst powerline connection improved more than 10-fold after some major rewiring of the central fusebox.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 1

Related Articles