Powerline WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline WIFI
Powerline WIFI
2016-04-10 16:21:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi I already have a Powerline 1200 network with a TP-Link TL-PA8030P. Now I want to expand my WIFI comming from my router. Is it possible to just expand it by using the powerline and not buying the new kit TL-WPA8630 KIT but only the WIFI modul of this kit. Will this work and is it available.
[FONT=arial][/FONT]
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline WIFI
2016-09-07 00:10:31
Did you ever get a response to this? I'm looking at purchasing the TL-WPA-8630P Kit, but would also like an additional wifi module (TL-WPA8630 or TL-WPA8630P).
Options
Re:Powerline WIFI
2016-09-07 15:19:27

TexKlein wrote

Did you ever get a response to this? I'm looking at purchasing the TL-WPA-8630P Kit, but would also like an additional wifi module (TL-WPA8630 or TL-WPA8630P).

I suspect the 8630P uses the same Qualcomm Powerline chipset, so should work.

In general it's the best to:

- Stick to the same brand
- Stick to the same speed/type from this manufacturer.

Powerline chipsets from different manufacturers, despite certification by the HomePlug organization, are not guaranteed to be compatible, even if they have the same speed "grade".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 2

Related Articles