Archer MR200 - How to prevent kids from accessing the Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-26 00:49:44
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I need to restrict the wireless access to internet to my kids, but not with the parental control features of the MR200, which are based on black lists or time windows.

What I need is the possibility of setting a password, which will not be disclosed to the kids, so that they will be forced to come to me whenever they need Internet.

Now the kids have free access to Internet because the MR200's network key got memorized in their devices (smartphone, tablet, laptop).

Hope somebody can help.

Bye
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer MR200 - How to prevent kids from accessing the Internet
2016-04-27 19:27:43
You can use the software to block the mac address of your child, when they want to use it to talk to your network, and you can open the mac address via software.

You refer to software Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
Options
2016-06-24 20:28:52

Claude wrote

What I need is the possibility of setting a password, which will not be disclosed to the kids, so that they will be forced to come to me whenever they need Internet.

Bye

The MR-200 has a "Parental Controls" feature on the Advanced page for MAC access over time with rules for access or deny; Hope this helps.

ssl //
Options
2016-06-25 16:44:23
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 701

Replies: 3

Related Articles