PA8030 second adapter keeps dropping network connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-06 19:02:39
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I've just bought a pair of PA8030 adapters to upgrade my powerline network. I was using Devolo DL200s, but wanted more speed. Initially the TP Link pair worked fine. I have one in the room I work in and use a cable to my laptop. Yesterday the middle network light, and my ethernet connection, dropped out. Took me hours to fix (I don't actually know what I did) and this morning was working for an hour or so before it went again. The management utility won't let me add it manually even when I type in the ID on the back of the adapter. The main unit runs to an old devolo at the back of the house connected to a second router as a wifi access point, and that works fine, so I'm baffled why an adapter of the same brand won't work. I'm running windows 10.

Can anyone help?
Options
8 Reply
Re:PA8030 second adapter keeps dropping network connection
2016-08-04 19:30:25
Can anyone help on the above. TP Link customer help next to useless
Options
2016-08-04 21:13:14
Make sure you run your powerline network on an individual encryption key (aka password). Factory default password might be the same as a neighbour's, interfering occasionally.

Also make sure your 8030P have the latest firmware. Early ones were rather not so good.
Options
2016-08-05 17:09:55
Hi Peter,
thanks for that. Did a reset yesterday and it seems to be ok. I have an old laptop running Win7 and the TP utility works ok on there so could monitor and set passwords. Can't get it to work on my much newer Win10 laptop. Will check on the firmware today.
Options
2016-08-05 20:13:03
For Windows 10 try the new tpPLC utility software.
Options
2016-08-07 07:06:21

Peter M wrote

For Windows 10 try the new tpPLC utility software.

Yes I have downloaded that software for Windows 10, but it just doesn't seem to work all I get is a spinning wheel and no netwrok map. So far, using my old Win7 laptop I have eventually managed to upgrade the firmware on both adapters. I managed to pair the second adapter with the main unit, but so far the best I can get is about 12 hours of connection before it just drops out. I'm now on my third socket in the house. I've tried to enter the pass code on the back of the unit, which it finally accepted after 20 attempts. It's getting quite frustrating and I'm regretting not just buying a Devolo like I should have done in the first place. I'm going to try swapping the units around so the second one is connected to the router as one last attempt, otherwise they're out the door.
Options
2016-08-09 15:40:36
So are you sure you managed to establish an individually encrypted network? Again, if the PC tools don't work for you, try the button pairing method.

By the way, I've had one of my newer PCs drop the connection randomly. That one turned out to be a PC driver issue, with the LAN port still running on Microsoft's driver, not the chip vendor's own. Once I changed from the Microsoft provided driver to Realtek's latest release, the connection drops were gone.
Options
2016-08-16 19:17:43
Well I've upgraded the firmware on the second adapter using an ethernet cable - I did it wirelessly before - and now I seem to have had a stable connection for a couple of days across two separate sockets. Now typing this back at my desk, so fingers crossed. If it holds up then I'll get another adapter for our bedroom as the wireless is poor down there and I currently have a Devolo 200, so the upgrade to a gigabit should help. Really appreciate the help Peter. I'll post progress good or otherwise on here.
Options
2016-08-16 19:51:33
You're welcome! Good luck with your further extension of your network!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1172

Replies: 8