TP-LINK TL-PA4020 KIT AV500 Nano - Not going into Powersave

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-20 15:02:36
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I have recently purchased the above Powerline adapters which I am really pleased about, apart from one thing and that is they do not go into powersave mode as I expected.

The one connected to my Samsung smart TV downstairs powers down ok with just the power light blinking, but the one connected to the router upstairs doesn’t go into powersave mode at all. The light showing the link to the other powerline adapter goes out, but the main power light stays illuminate (and the Ethernet – as expected) and the lights on the back of the router socket where its plugged into are still illuminated and flash every second or so. This is also stopping my Sky router going into powersave mode itself. Why would the powerline connected to the router not go into powersave if the plug downstairs has powered down? This is with all other computers switched off.

The other powersave problem is my Apple TV4 which I have plugged into the other socket with the Samsung TV stops the powerline sleeping, so I am having to pull the power plug or ethernet cable on it. Anything I can do to sort this?

Any help appreciated, thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 0

Related Articles