Ip Overwritten by Router- and now? And where can i download the configuration software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ip Overwritten by Router- and now? And where can i download the configuration software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-12 18:08:46
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey there,

I want to install my powerline Network- the problem is a ..

My Router has the same IP than the Powerline- so i cannot access it and the other is i read about a software that came with cd- well i dont have the cd or software
so where can i download it?

Thank you for your help
Options
17 Reply
Re:Ip Overwritten by Router- and now? And where can i download the configuration software
2016-06-13 13:57:48
Powerline adapters don't have IP addresses. If this is a Powerline/WLAN AP combo device, unhook it from the router's network, do a factory reset on it, and hook it directly to a PC's LAN port for configuration.
Options
Re:Ip Overwritten by Router- and now? And where can i download the configuration software
2016-06-13 14:24:59
Thanks for the reply

Well mine does it is written on the back of the device...

i have a TI WPA 271
and a

TP-Link TL-WPA281 AV200 Wireless

How do i access the device - my manual states i need a software that i don´t have- i had it hooked via lan to my pc but how do i access it?
Options
2016-06-14 21:52:53
Well there is an ip address written on the back of it. And the question remains how can i get access to it . I hooked it to the pc and then?? The manual clearly states i need some kind of software
Options
2016-06-16 14:39:48
Let's start by telling what device exactly you have there. :)
Options
2016-06-16 16:45:22
Sure :)I have a ;TP-Link TL-WPA281 AV200 Wireless and a Tp Link Tl-WPA 271 One. I can reset by putting a something in a hole the other doesnt seem to have this ..
Options
2016-06-17 16:58:32
Ah, so these aren't just powerline adapters, they are WLAN Access Points too. The manuals for these are available online. They both have a full reset capability somehow. From there, their default configuration should make them either pull an IP address from your router, or default to an IP address you can get to by connecting a LAN cable directly. Please consult the manuals. :)
Options
2016-06-17 17:26:27
I have consulted the manuals Peter- and they say i need a configuration software that i don´t have and that is nowhere to be found on the website- therein lies the problem.

One Device can be resetet by the little hole but the other needs to do it over the software- i hope somebody can help me..
Options
2016-06-22 14:45:26
Those WLAN access points do have their own configuration software built in. Access is through regular browser software and their (default) IP address.
Options
2016-06-23 16:54:22
Know we running in circles- see the name of my post - the ip adress that the powerline has is overwritten by my router ....
That´s the problem...
Options
2016-06-24 14:47:54
So? Disconnect the adapter from everything else, reset the powerline connection so it loses connection to the router. Now connect a LAN cable to the PC of your choice, and configure it properly before connecting back to your home network.
Options