Ip Overwritten by Router- and now? And where can i download the configuration software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ip Overwritten by Router- and now? And where can i download the configuration software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Ip Overwritten by Router- and now? And where can i download the configuration software
2016-06-24 17:46:21
Options
Re:Ip Overwritten by Router- and now? And where can i download the configuration software
2016-06-25 19:10:22
I don´t know how that would change the fact that my router has taken over the ip address of the powerline.
If allready done as you describe and i land on the configuration software from my router if i put in the ip of the powerline
Options
2016-06-25 22:11:19
One last time: Disconnect the thing from the router's network, and then configure it through a direct LAN connection, such that it integrates into the router's network properly. THEN bring it back into said network.
Options
2016-06-26 08:17:57
If allready done as you describe and i land on the configuration software from my router if i put in the ip of the powerline

To make things even more clearer.

1. I have reseted the powerline
2. I have unpluged the powerline from everything- the powersocket - the router- everything!
3. I directly connect the powerline to my pc via lan cable
4. I put in the ip adress of that is written on the back of the powerline adapter in my browser

aaaaaand

I land on my router.!.. so what am i missing here.? Because the ip that is written on the back of the powerline- is the ip of my router...

So either i change the ip of my router- of which i have no clue how to do- or i have to change the ip of the powerline - for which i have to access the powerline i guesss...

Is that now clear enough?

And can maybe someone else maybe please jump in and point out who misunderstand what in this discussion- because what you told me to do Peter- i allready tryed befor writing this post....
Options
2016-06-27 13:56:48
Quite obviously you need to disconnect the PC from the router's network too, such that you can engage a direct connection to the unconfigured WLAN AP. You may need to assign your PC's LAN port a static IP address within the same address range that the WLAN AP uses.

These are all network configuration basics really - so if this continues to be over your head, I suggest you seek help locally, from someone who can physically sit down to your equipment and teach you on the spot.
Options
2016-06-29 17:09:16
Hahah Peter - you are a funny guy - network configurations basics? Well for you maybe- the rest of us - this is advanced stuff- i´m pretty computer savy- but you cannot no everything.

You may need to assign your PC's LAN port a static IP address within the same address range that the WLAN AP uses.

I don´t have a clue on how to do this - i will just turn of my router. hook the powerline up to my pc and tell you what happens....
Options
2016-07-05 18:39:46
Nothing will happen, for your PC will not be able to receive an IP address from anywhere. You need to configure a static IP address in the same range as the AP's default IP address.
Options
Related Articles