Virgin SuperHub & TL-PA9020P > No IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-18 19:20:31
Hello,

I try to get the new AV2000 Kit TL-PA9020P working with the Virgin Media SuperHub but the LAN ports on the SuperHub do not accept any traffic for the Powerline adapters.

- Tried DHCP, only 169 gets assigned means DHCP was not successful
- Tried Static IP, still not traffic, not a single package gets returned by the router
- Did pair the adapters with the 1 second button press
- Did reset the adapters with the 15-20 second button press
- Did disable/enable my network adapter, rebooted the computer etc
- the TP-Link utility sees both adapters connected with a speed of 900 MBit/s (fluctuating a bit)
- Made a secure network with a new name using the utility
- Set data priotity to "Internet" on both adapters
- Changed the original cables with 2 brand new CAT.7 cables
- Reserved the MAC address of my computer in the DHCP section of the router and assigned an IP to it, rebooted router, no fix
- Moved both adapters to different wall sockets

I'm sure that the SuperHub is detecting Powerline signals and blocks any traffic over the LAN ports. When I test the adapters between two computers, without any router, it just works fine.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Virgin SuperHub & TL-PA9020P > No IP
2016-06-18 21:42:00
Update:

- Cable from the Powerline adatper into any of the 4 ports of the Virgin Media SuperHub > No DHCP, doesnt work, no matter what, see post above
- Same cable from the Powerline adatper instead into the SuperHub into the LAN port of a TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Nano Router TL-WR802N (configured as WiFi Client of the SuperHub), on the same table next to the SuperHub > DHCP works within seconds, Internet access work, which conforms the Powerline adapters are paired and connected
- Notebook into any LAN port of the SuperHub > works with full speed within seconds

So the issue is down to an incompatility or blocking mechanism between the Virgin Media SuperHub and the TP-Link AV2000 Powerline adapters. There is an active block somewhere.
Options
2016-06-19 18:54:31
Today changed the USB Gigabit LAN adapter to a different model, brand new Linksys USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
Exactly the same issue, no DHCP gets assigned and static IP config is not reachable. Powerline works great with anything else than the Virgin Media Superhub.
Options
2016-12-28 21:46:20
There is a wake-up fix to disable power saving in the stickies at the top of the forum. Sounds like might be your issue....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 3