Range extender with no connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-21 01:00:33
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

At first sorry for my bad English...

My wifi disconnects when I'm connected to the TP-Link range extender.

My modem router is the Humax (HG100R-L/L2). My range extender is the TP-Link (TL-WA850RE). Both devices were working properly and theywere always connected in the same places. But, now I can not connect to the internet when I'm connected by the range extender.

I reseted the configuration of the modem as well as range extender, used the command "ipconfig" (release, renew, etc). I did several things but the problem persists. I noticed an unusual situation. I repeat this procedure several times to check if it was not just coincidence: when I turn off and turn on the range extender the wifi signal is perfect in my laptop. Thus, I can access the internet normally. My cell phone is connected to the same network. When I pick up the mobile and access Chrome/Whatsapp/FB/etc I lost the connection. The devices (mobile, notebook) are connected to the wifi signal with excellent signal strength, but connectionless ( "Default Gateway is not available").

If I do not use the cell phone the wifi connection keeps stable. Curiously, this situation only occurs with Samsung mobile phones, lol (tested two Samsungs). I tested with LG mobile and problem didn't occur. Can someone help me? Ty!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Range extender with no connection
2016-06-21 10:45:06
Do you mean when you try to access Internet with your Samsung mobile phone, which is connected to 850RE, then the other devices connected to 850re would lost Internet connection? How about the devices connected to router directly? Can you login the web page of 850RE when the lost issue happens?
Options
2016-06-22 22:31:43

duddy wrote

Do you mean when you try to access Internet with your Samsung mobile phone, which is connected to 850RE, then the other devices connected to 850re would lost Internet connection?

Yes.

How about the devices connected to router directly?

Nothing happens with devices connected to router. They keep working properly.

Can you login the web page of 850RE when the lost issue happens?

No, when I lost the 850RE connection I can't acess any site even 850RE web page.

I think I solve this problem. I did the firmware update ( http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WA850RE_V1.html#Firmware). I installed the 140826 version. I had the 130622. Now everything is fine. Thank you for your kind attention.
Options
2021-10-02 11:47:44

@Caipira 

I also having this same issue with WhatsApp and I tried hard to fix it but I can't because I really don't know how to do it, so finally I got this WhatsApp Plus which helped me to solve this isssue with WhatsApp.

Options