After latest firmware - IPV6 not working Archer C2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-22 21:06:06
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After upgrading my router Archer C2 with the latest firmware (Archer C2(EU) _V1_160512) devices connected via router stopped access the Internet using IPv6 .

With the old firmware (Archer C2_V1_150729_BR) present in the router before upgrading , access to the Internet using IPV6 was working ok

I updated the router under advice of technical support because the old firmware was losing manual IPV6 DNS setting, when the IP of connection changes.

The new firmware besides not correct this bug, plus blocks Internet access using IPV6.

The big problem is the new firmware doesn't allow to install old firmware, under error of incompatible hardware version.

Techinical support has no solution.

Please help.

Ilanio
Options
5 Reply
Archer C2 blocking IPV6 after apply latest firmware
2016-06-22 21:18:35
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After upgrading my router Archer C2 with the latest firmware (Archer C2(EU) _V1_160512) devices connected via router stopped access the Internet using IPv6 .

With the old firmware (Archer C2_V1_150729_BR) present on the router before upgrading, access to the Internet using IPV6 was working ok.

If I connect computer directly to modem I have IPV6 access. Changing it back to router, access stops.

I updated the router under advice of technical support because the old firmware was losing manual IPV6 DNS setting, when the IP of connection changes.

The new firmware besides not correct this bug, plus blocks Internet access using IPV6.

The big problem is the new firmware doesn't allow back to old firmware, under error of incompatible hardware version.

Techinical support has no solution.

Please help.

Ilanio
Options
Re:After latest firmware - IPV6 not working Archer C2
2016-07-06 13:23:56
Oh heck... and im writing on another thread how my wifi speed seems better.... hope you get a solution soon
Options
2016-07-09 05:09:27
Llanio, veo que creo que eres de Brasil y entonces escribiré en español para que me entienda mejor (puesto que el portugués y el español son idiomas con varias similitudes). Yo también cometí el error de actualizar el archer c2 con un firmware versión EU y lo que me hizo fue quitarme canales en la banda de 5GHz y no he encontrado la manera de volver al firmware anterior. Creo que debimos haber actualizado con un firmware UN (el cual permite escoger el país). Aunque el router mio funciona bien (no se si funcionará con ipv6 porque el ISP que tengo es con ipv4) pero quisiera tener más canales en la banda de 5GHz (porque precisamente los que quitaron son los canales que pueden trabajar a mayor potencia).

Yo escribí al servicio de soporte técnico de TP LINK en Colombia, vamos a ver que me solucionan (el lunes quedaron en llamar).
Options
2016-07-09 21:48:24
dịch vụ sá»*a nhÃ* tại Tp HCM
Hotline: 090.224.55.99 - (08) 667 555 29
sua nha
Options
2016-07-12 07:36:14
I put router to work with IPv6 by doing the following steps:

1 - Turn on modem and waits it to close and stabilize connection.

2 - After modem is completly stabilized, I turn on router and waits it to aquire IPs from connection.

If I turn on router before the modem is completly stabilized, router is not able to aquire IPv6, even after the modem completly stabilized.
Options