Can't get Powerline light to light up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-02 23:33:06
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All

New here in the hope that someone may be able to shed some light on a problem I'm having. I can no longer get the powerline light on my AV500 powerline extender (from the TL-WPA4220 kit)

I've been successfully using 2 AV500 adapters around the home, but needed the wifi boosting in a room upstairs. So I bought an AV500 powerline extender kit (TL-WPA4220). The adaptor works fine and the extender did to start with. Until i fiddled with the settings!

Rather than have to log in to it when going upstairs, I cloned my router settings (which was not straight forward as I don't have a WPS button on my old Sky router). This however, caused problems as, wherever I was in the house, our devices were trying to connect to the signal from the AV500 extender upstairs rather than the router (i was standing in front of my router with barely any wifi signal).

I gave up on this and reset the extender and tried to reconnect using the original factory settings. That's when I find I have no green light on the powerline and, despite following the steps to connect it to the powerline it just won't do that any more. It's sending a signal out to my mobile devices (and i can see it if I connect it by a LAN cable), but it isn't getting any signal from my router through the powerline.

If anyone has any ideas or advice I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Pete
Options
1 Reply
This fixed my problem
2016-07-05 17:10:55
I recently had a similar problem with the TL-WPA4220KIT. The Powerline LED on the small unit was always off and the Powerline LED on the large unit was flashing constantly. I had tried a number of things to fix the problem including talking to support in an on-line chat. I concluded that the units were faulty and rang up to organise their return. The support agent then asked me to try the following:-

Press the pair button on the large unit for more than 10 seconds
Press the pair button on the small unit for more than 10 seconds.
When the LEDs have settled down
Press the pair button on the small unit for 1 second
Press the pair button on the large unit for 1 second

Soon after this the Powerline LEDs came on solid and the units started to work.

I couldn't find this procedure documented anywhere so I hope you find it useful.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3838

Replies: 1

Related Articles