TL-PA2010 KIT speed downgrade at night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-06 16:18:28
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear forum
I possess powerline adapter TL-PA2010 KIT, however it has a critical problem. At day, when using speedtest to examine, the speed is almost as accurate as the speed from hard wire (20Mb/s as my ISP provision). At night, espcially since 6PM, the speed decreases to 5-6 Mb/s, sometimes even it drops to 3-4 Mb/s. The house was built 1 year ago
Could someone please tell me the cause? Is it due to the old and outdated TL-PA2010 or the electrical wire noise? Has anyone used newer products like TL-PA6010,TL-PA4010 to test at night?
Thanks for any responses
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-PA2010 KIT speed downgrade at night
2016-07-13 17:49:47
Ask yourself: What electrical devices do I use at night that I don't use during the day? One of them is introducing electrical noise back into your mains system. It might be something simple, like a CCFL or LED lamp with poorly designed internal electronics.
Options
2016-07-15 07:08:06
If i use newer and more modern products like PA4010, 6010, will they be sustainable against electrical noise?
Options
2016-07-15 17:23:15
When something is backfiring noise into your wiring, powerline data transmissions will never work well, regardless of which level of technology you use. Sure, newer standards, particularly the 1200 series, have better strategies to cope with noise - but the speed degradation will still be there. To which amount? We can't tell.

The only proper cure is to find the source of the problem. You may have a poorly designed piece of equipment there, or something that worked well but is on the verge of dying. Both of these are also a fire hazard.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 731

Replies: 3

Related Articles