Slow speeds with EoP vs Wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-23 18:23:27
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all.
I seem to be getting incredibly slow speeds when it comes to my EoP compared to my wireless connection.
Note: the two powerpoints I use are NOT on the same switch in the powerboard (i.e. I can shut off power to one but the other is not affected)
I have updated the firmware on the device and my ethernet controller firmware and am at a loss as to why there's such a disparity.\

http://imgur.com/a/EPwvd

TIA for your suggestions, Steven
Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow speeds with EoP vs Wireless
2016-07-24 10:28:21
bump
Options
Re:Slow speeds with EoP vs Wireless
2016-07-26 20:10:46
Patience ... this is not a manned helpdesk, it's a user forum.

Have a look at your physical connection rate - use the TP-Link Powerline Utility software. Then optimize how and where you plug the powerline adapters. Don't put them into power strips, put them straight onto the wall outlets. If you have PLC with passthrough sockets, plug your electronics (or the powerstrip running the electronics) into it, not into a nearby other socket. See whether your household has any other equipment that introduces electrical noise into the mains wiring. There are many possible sources, from large devices with motors (fridge, washing machine, freezer, dishwasher etc.) down to anything that has a voltage regulator inside - all the electronics, the wall warts, the phone chargers, and even CCFL and LED lights.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 744

Replies: 2

Related Articles