Archer C9-V1 upgrade firmware and USB access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-13 17:53:11
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I wonder if it really is impossible to upgrade to a newer firmware and use the backup of the settings of previous firmware.
It is an immense job to every time set it up completely from scratch.
There are so many settings to be changed that I am not so happy to do this again.
Any Tips?

Further I connected an USB HDD and shared a folder with video files.
Both on my PC and my Wi-Fi connected TV I do see the share, but when looking in it it is empty.
When I look from Computer-Network I can see the amount of files in it, but also cannot access any of them>
I did check several times, with the manual next to me, the settings but see nothing wrong.
Sharing -> Use login accounts (but also tried using a login with "use this account"
Settings -> First I only enabled Network Neighborhood, but as this didn't work I also enabled the other two (FTP)
Also I tried both share all and share selected.
Both with and without require login.

I use last firmware from 2015, not newest because I really find it to much work to again do all settings manually.

Thanks IA, Bob
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 0

Related Articles