Connection cuts with Archer Mr200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-15 16:29:54
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought Archer Mr200 2 months ago.
Everything went good for the first month. Then second month i begin to have cuts for every 2-3 minutes. Internet going and coming in 2-3 minutes.
I am using the same operator's simcard in my cellular phone and nothing happens like this. Internet so good with my phone.
I also try the same simcard with mobile usb modem without any problem. Its working so good with my old mobile usb modem.
I called the call center. They told me to change CHANNEL to 13 from settings.And some of the setting changes like this but it didnt help.

How can I fix the problem of these internet connection cuts ?
Options
15 Reply
Re:Connection cuts with Archer Mr200
2016-09-16 19:28:32
exact same problem here.

firmware:
0.9.1 0.0 v004a.0 Build 160412 Rel.38588n

hardware:
Archer MR200 v1 00000000

i can access the webinterface of archer mr200 all the time - but connection to the internet is not stable (but archer says there is a connection)....

any ideas?
Options
2016-10-07 18:13:25
bug in firmware tplink look at this issue n fixed it release new firmare
Options
2016-10-08 17:56:18
Options
2016-10-08 19:54:31
while sim is okey and working great in phone and usb modem but in this router if i put that sim for a while it get worked and after few minute it says sim card error ,please check if it in good condition and i have restart device and it get worked but after again it get same happened. will my i downgrade the tplink firmware to old in this router?
Options
2016-10-30 22:27:54
This is MR200 bug, showing having connection but no internet (or intermittently) with full signal strength. I bought 3 units at the same time because this is the cheapest in the market with similar functions, and all 3 became a complete waste of money. Going to Huawei E5186 now coming next week. TP Link is not doing anything since April 2016.
Options
2016-10-30 22:39:01

aaksar wrote

They told me to change CHANNEL to 13 from settings.And some of the setting changes like this but it didnt help.

There are 2 different problems of internet cut with MR200, you need to determine which type. First is the wireless connection to router is poor due to interference with neighboorhood.
Try ping to your router and if there is a lots of request time out, that means you need to change the channel. You can't expect good internet connection when your internal connection to router is already broken.
Check channel used by neighbourhood by WifiInfoView from www.nirsoft.com, and try to match the same channel with them or set a channel which is at least 6 channels away. Common is 1,7,13.
MR200 has extremely poor wireless connection, even at best channel i have set, where there is no more request time out and router sitting next to device, the ping is still not <1ms all the time but averaged out at 3~5ms and sometimes spiked up to a few hundreds ms.

The above problem does not exist for LAN user. Second type of problem is actual internet intermittent cut due to poor MR200 firmware, which we can't do much, everything at the mercy of TP-Link. Restart the router will solve it temporary.
Options
2016-11-13 21:28:55
you have measured ping time over the LAN, it says nothing, you must measure over the Internet connection 73 de mike
Options
Same cuts still going on
2016-11-18 20:50:02
I tried all which people telling here. Thanks to all but my problem not solved.
I am not so sure but I noticed that cuts problem is too much at nights than during the day.
I should say that before i was using usb modem with the same simcard at the same home in every floor plus garden without any connection cutting problem. But with that mr200 modem its terrible. Even some nights pages cannot be opened or can be opened after waiting 2-3 minutes and then i should wait for the new page another 2-3 minutes again.
My google browser showing 'no internet connection' most of the time.
I am still searching for a solution.
Thanks
Options
2016-11-18 20:57:12
I tried all which people telling here. Thanks to all but my problem not solved.
I am not so sure but I noticed that cuts problem is too much at nights than during the day.
I should say that before i was using usb modem with the same simcard at the same home in every floor plus garden without any connection cutting problem. But with that mr200 modem its terrible. Even some nights pages cannot be opened or can be opened after waiting 2-3 minutes and then i should wait for the new page another 2-3 minutes again.
My google browser showing 'no internet connection' most of the time.
I am still searching for a solution.
Thanks
Options
2016-11-19 21:30:28
TP Link is not doing anything since April 2016.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3987

Replies: 15

Related Articles