AV1200 - Asleep or more issues?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-17 23:13:37
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently bought the TL-PA8010P AV1200 kit from PC World as my Virgin fibre router is upstairs and my desktop downstairs. All has been fine for ~2 months or so but now, when I come to switch the PC on every day, I find that there is not network connection (I get the Windows yellow ! mark in the sys tray). Looking at the powerline plugs, the middle button (powerline) is off, the other two LEDs are green. I find the only way to cure it is to faff about plugging/unplugging the units or trying to reset them. It seems random as to what works; some days simply unplugging/plugging back in the downstairs unit restores connectivity, others days I have to go upstairs and reset that one.

It is all a bit frustrating considering it has been bulletproof for a couple of months. Is it something like the units going into power-saving mode or something stupid? Or something more serious. I did try downloading the TP link utility to see if I could upgrade the firmware, however when I installed and ran it, it refused to accept I was connected - it said 'you aren't connected to a valid powerline device' or words to that effect' so that was a no-go.

Any advice much appreciated!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 161

Replies: 0