WPA8630P AV1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WPA8630P AV1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WPA8630P AV1200
WPA8630P AV1200
2020-02-23 15:20:11 - last edited 2020-02-24 03:33:23
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.7.0.41-01_863111_170511_901

Hi All,

I'm having trouble locating the PIB and NVM files to downgrade/upgrade/regrade my TL-WPA8630P AV1200.

I was having issues with my powerline network after swapping from a Sky Q Hub to a TP-Link AC2800.

I have a TL-WPA8630P-Kit which works fine, but I added a TL-WPA8630P AV1200 a while ago, this has worked great until the router change. I foolishly (because it's often the first place to start after turning it off and on again) tried to upgrade the firmware. However, I have since found that this certain model (AV1200 version) seems to not conform to the firmware I used.

I can plug it on and get it broadcasting it's normal SSID's but I can't access it, so BIN files are no use, I can only see it in the TPplc utility which is next to useless in my opinion for doing anything.

Does anyone know how I can get on to the device, or more helpfully perhaps, know where the firmware are for this version of the 8630 (I don't seem to be able to see them anywhere, almost as if this version didn't exist)

At this moment, I don't believe it's bricked because I can connect to it, but the Pair function isn't working, which all confirms my firmware upgrade was the wrong one.

Any suggestions would be great.

Options
2 Reply
Re:WPA8630P AV1200
2020-02-24 03:33:04 - last edited 2020-02-24 03:33:23

@Jukesie 

May I know what are the issues you have after you switched the main router?

You can verify the firmware version of each unit via tpPLC utility; and the bin file is for extender unit which supports wifi function, and the Ethernet powerline adapter is made up of two parts: PIB and NVM. You can use the bin file to update the firmware of the TL-WPA8630P via the tpPLC utility. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1614/ 

And you mentioned that the extender is broadcasting SSIDs, but you cannot access it; may I know can't you connect to the wifi network or cannot access internet from it even though it is connected already? 

Try to hard reset it by holding the reset button for 10s with it powered on and then re-pair them with the utility to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

May it help. 

Options
Re:WPA8630P AV1200
2020-02-26 07:37:48

@Kevin_Z The main issue once I switched the main router was the WPA8630 couldn't keep an IP, to access it via the Utility, (clicking the web icon) it would open to an apipa address, indicating no network.

If I entered a static IP into the device it would never save.

I updated the firmware, but the problem I have is that I believe it's the wrong firmware. I cannot find the WPA8630P AV1200 firmware, I can see them for the AV1300. but the problem is, that the firmware upgrade via the Utility needs a pib and nvm files which I can't find.

What I believe I did was use firmware for a different region by mistake, so things like power profiles are incorrect, hence why it won't connect on the current in the UK (maybe, I'm just guessing but it makes sense.)

At this moment, when I press the Pair button on the broken AP, it doesn't work (i.e. the LED doesn't flash and it doesn't try to Pair) But, I can add it to the Utility via the Powerline Key on the back of the unit.

If I could find the two firmware files for this device, it would be a start.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 852

Replies: 2

Related Articles