TL - MR3020 With DWM-157 ???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-27 15:33:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am using TL - MR3020 with it works perfectly fine. And I just bought new dongle , DWM-157 , with seem like the MR3020 can not detect this new one .

I need the DWM-157 bin file which I can add this to the router . Where can i find it ?

Thank you for any help.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL - MR3020 With DWM-157 ???
2016-08-29 16:36:33

accepted Before proceeding ahead, I would say that I used ultimate edition linux 3.4 64 bit-- this distro has all the library and dependencies for installing drivers( ia32-libs, usb_modeswitch).
The driver supplied with the dongle is a 32 bit driver. This successfully gets installed on a 64 bit Ubuntu if, and only if you have ia32-libs installed.
I used this driver with Lubuntu 64 bit and got an error message when I ran the command:

usbdeviceswitchdlink The error was /usr/bin/usbdeviceswitchdlink: command not found.
The work around is simple. At the terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) type this:

sudo su And enter your password. Then type:

apt-get -y install ia32-libs The above command will add 32 bit compatibility on 64 bit Ubuntu successfully. If you get an error message, run the command again.
Once successfully installed, proceed ahead and you shouldn't get any error messages once you have installed the 32 bit driver on your 64 bit Ubuntu.
In the terminal, type usb then press Tab twice. If you don't see usb_modeswitch, it means it is not installed - good, you don't need it. If yes (you see it), you need to uninstall usb_modeswitch.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 1

Related Articles