What should I expect to see on the PowerLine Utility network screen?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-27 20:39:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

Who uses the PowerLine monitoring Utility? What does your network screen look like?

I've used TP-Link network plugs for a year or more but they just sat there and did their job, so I never bothered to install monitoring software. But for the last month I have been getting very poor Internet speed on the device connected via TP-Link, my Sky+ box. Internet on my PC, which is just via an Ethernet cable seems fine. So I installed PowerLine Utility. Using this tool, on the network tab, I can see two remote devices. These devices come and go. The appear for a few seconds and then disappear for few seconds. Is this what I should expect to see? Or does it indicate that the TP-Link plugs are rapidly connecting and disconnecting? In the second case, this is almost certainly the cause of the poor download performance on the Sky box.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sue
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 0