Can't pair across Niglon RCBOs + line of sight through external wall issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-05 03:25:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Have just got a set of TL-WPA4220TKIT.

My first problem is the room I was trying to get these working in happens to be on a separate RCBO to the main house sockets. No problem pairing upstairs or downstairs in the main house as these are on the same RCBO. The make is Niglon. Anyone had similar issues?

Secondly, there is a mains socket which I CAN pair with, which is just within a few feet of where I need to be - but the room with the PC in is an extension which is technically the other side of an external wall and the effect of the signal is quite dramatic even if the doors are left open.

i.e. with reference to the attached sketch, if I run a mains extension from the hall into the cloakroom area with the TP-Link wifi device plugged into it such that there is line of sight into the extension where the PC is, I get 300M. If I move it just into the hall, the speed drops to around 50M, and if I move it just another foot or two into the mains socket to the left of the lounge door, it drops to about 15M.

I know wifi prefers line of sight but I didn't expect it to drop SO severely over such a short distance. Again, any thoughts?

Thanks!
File:
RCBO.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 0