maximum number of powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-06 04:51:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good morning, I would like some information on the powerline system. what is the maximum number of receivers that can be installed I have to create an online hotspot in a hotel with 15 rooms and wondered if powerline could be a solution.
one question ...is possibile to install access points from outside to receive the signal inside a building?
thank you
Options
2 Reply
Re:maximum number of powerline
2016-09-13 19:42:34
AV1200 series can do 16 points easily. You totally do not want 16 WLAN APs in the same building though. You will create massive signal overlap.
Options
Re:maximum number of powerline
2016-09-17 14:33:18
tp-link publishes this and it is different for different adapters.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-434.html

Keep in mind, the powerline bandwidth is shared between all the adapters. For example, with the wpa4220 the powerline bandwidth is 500mbits/sec. If you install one wired pa4010 by your router, and 10 wireless access points, each access point will get no more than 50mbits to the router on average. I'm not sure how the efficiency holds up with so many access points, I've only got three and I'm adding a fourth. But for web access it should be ok. The gigabit models are faster of course. For 2.4ghz networks I've had good success alternating between channels 1 and 11 in a checkerboard pattern. You can get 40mhz channels that way (300mbit 802.11n 2.4GHz), and the signals don't really interfere.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 2

Related Articles