Compatibility issues between TL-PA8015P and TL-PA8030P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-06 06:30:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

My powerline installation is composed of two TL-PA8015P (one connected to my router the other one to my TV installation) and one TL-PA8030P (connected to two computers).
Many times a day the TL-PA8030P stops working (I can't reach my network from both computers connected to the TL-PA8030P), although the three LEDS are green.
I have to wait from a few seconds to a few minutes to get it working again. If it is too long, I unplug and replug the TL-PA8030P and the installation works again.

I have tried the following, with no help:
1) I have updated the firmware of the TL-PA8030P with the new one.
2) I have swapped the TL-PA8030P with the other one in the kit.

Earlier today, when I experienced the above problem, I noticed that the TL-PA8015P connected to the TV was probably on standby mode (the leds were off). After having unplugged and replugged it, my computers were able to reach the network.
But I am not sure it is linked to my problem.

Are there some known incompatibilities between TL-PA8015P and TL-PA8030P? And a way to fix it?
Do you have any idea I could try to solve this problem?

Thank you.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Compatibility issues between TL-PA8015P and TL-PA8030P
2016-09-06 14:58:33

citron wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

My powerline installation is composed of two TL-PA8015P (one connected to my router the other one to my TV installation) and one TL-PA8030P (connected to two computers).
Many times a day the TL-PA8030P stops working (I can't reach my network from both computers connected to the TL-PA8030P), although the three LEDS are green.
I have to wait from a few seconds to a few minutes to get it working again. If it is too long, I unplug and replug the TL-PA8030P and the installation works again.

I have tried the following, with no help:
1) I have updated the firmware of the TL-PA8030P with the new one.
2) I have swapped the TL-PA8030P with the other one in the kit.

Earlier today, when I experienced the above problem, I noticed that the TL-PA8015P connected to the TV was probably on standby mode (the leds were off). After having unplugged and replugged it, my computers were able to reach the network.
But I am not sure it is linked to my problem.

Are there some known incompatibilities between TL-PA8015P and TL-PA8030P? And a way to fix it?
Do you have any idea I could try to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Are you sure it's a TL-PA8015P ? Any idea what's the difference to the TL-PA8010P ? TP-Links site is a mess this morning. I can't access the support page
for this one. It sounds like a "redesigned" (???) version of the original TL-PA8010P. I wanted to check the firmware download part to see if they perhaps changed
the chipset. Broadcom has .ggl files. The 8010 used a Qualcomm chipset.

AFAIK, tpPLC Utility has no sleep mode settings under "advanced settings".

The dropouts you see for the TL-PA8030P are normal or better said what a certain percentage of the people see. It's very annoying. As I wrote somewhere else, I switched to TL-PA9020 units and these are more stable so far. FIngers crossed. Also noticed yesterday that for some reason I'm getting now 70-80 Mbps out of the 100 Mbps vs. 45-50 Mbps with the TL-PA8010 I had before. Not sure why there's suddenly less interference.

If they changed the chipset in the 8015P I'm not surprised if they don't work together. AV2 is a nice standard, but there are differences between chipset manufacturers.

EDIT: found it. Looks like the TL-PA8015P and TL-PA8010P are the same, except that the TL-PA8015P has a wallplug suitable for Belgian and French outlets, with a metal pin for the earch connection.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 1