WPA4220KIT Powerline AV500 Wireless troubles with network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-10 04:57:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased the above kit. The adapter is connected to a Netgear modem. I setup in a correct way I suppose, I did also the cloning in order to have a full coverage of the house. But if I connect my devices to the modem signal, then I move to the extender area I see some difficulties in changing. What's more, if I go back in the modem area, devices are not commuting on this again an I have serious troubles in connecting. Did I missed any setting or operation? Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:WPA4220KIT Powerline AV500 Wireless troubles with network
2016-09-13 03:01:52
You might have a dead zone with no Wi-Fi between your router and extender, or you might have clients that don't like to roam, or you might have interference.

You can sometimes fix a dead zone by moving equipment around, but if you want a fast network everywhere then you'll probably have to add more extenders. Most clients can connect to two extenders at once, so adding another extender in between can make the network much more robust.

For Intel chipsets in Windows you can set the "roaming aggressiveness" in the advanced settings for the adapter, see:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005585.html

For interference you can try using channels 1 and 11. The wpa4220 should extend either one to a 40mhz channel and you'll get a great connection.

You can also download a scanner like https://www.netspotapp.com/ to see what channels other people are using so you can avoid them. The Wi-Fi channels overlap so there is a bit of a mess.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 1