TP-Link TL-WPA4230P KIT: Computer gets thrown out of Wifi, can't reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-18 00:05:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey,

I recently bought a TP-Link TL-WPA4230P KIT (AV500 WiFi N300) for my parents. It has issues with the Wifi it creates.

You can connect to it and also surf the web for some time, but at some point it seems to disconnect devices and doesn't let them reconnect to it.

Any ideas? I can't figure that one out.

thanks, Tom

Options
1 Reply
tpPLC
2016-09-19 11:48:53
Download tpPLC from the support page and run it on a computer with an Ethernet connection to the network. Watch to see if the adapters disappear. If so, the powerline network is getting disconnected. If not, then it probably is the Wi-Fi. I'm not sure what to do in that case. You can try turning off Wi-Fi security to see if there is a configuration error there. If it drops clients with no security then it could be a hardware problem. Check the support page on tp-link for newer firmware and update if possible. Also, please report back to let us know if there is an issue.
Options