Random slows in connection with TPL-406E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-24 03:24:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hi

I have been experiencing issues with the connection speed on the TPL-406e powerline adapter recently and cannot seem to find the cause.

Typically from my modem I get a 14mbps download and a 1mbps upload rate, and when I first connected my powerline adapters I had a similar rate, with a 1-2mb drop off.

Now all of the sudden the powerline is only giving 0.6mbps download and 0.7mbps upload.

^I got these results using http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

The powerline has been correctly functional for a couple of months now and has suddenly been exhibiting these problems. I am aware that noise on the line can affect speeds but the appliances which are connected have been since the beginning and didn't cause any problems before so I don't see why they should now.

I have reset everything, the modem, the powerline adapters and even replaced the Ethernet wires with no avail. I have also replaced the output powerline adapter with a spare but still no improvements. Any help on the matter is appreciated.

I apologise if I haven't given enough information.
Options
3 Reply
Same problem
2017-11-21 03:06:23
I have exactly the same problem - starts off OK, then descends to nothing and the connection fails. I've restarted everything, replaced cables, swapped power sockets, the lot. Connection is fine via WiFi, but not Ethernet to the desktop. Did you get any solution to this problem?
Options
Re:Random slows in connection with TPL-406E
2017-11-25 17:15:57
I have the same problem, started fine but it is only my download speeds affected, upload are fine
Options
Re:Random slows in connection with TPL-406E
2017-11-28 11:07:31
TPL-406e? I cannot find this model. But I think you can try plug them in the same room to avoid the interference in the circuit to test.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 705

Replies: 3

Related Articles