TP-LINK TL-PA4010P random disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-04 18:03:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear TP-Link and Forum Users,

My TP-LINK TL-PA4010P has random disconnects and its driving me crazy.

I'am a Semi Pro gamer playing high level on the game Overwatch.
The powerline adapters randomly disconnect and the only way to solve this is just to replug it and they will connect again.
This happens when I am ingame but it also happens when I am just browsing the internet or watching Netflix.

I recently moved places and in my new home there is no way to get a cable connection. The house is build in 2013 and I have had a electrician check the circuits and he says its all fine, he even made a new group for them so its only my computer and the powerline adapters on that group!

I really need to get a fix for this as soon as possible because I need to have a steady connection in order to go pro. EG when you play in tournaments for money you can have disconnects you just cant.

Does anyone here know a fix or has tips ?
Options
12 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TL-PA4010P random disconnects
2016-10-27 18:19:44
I have the exact same issue: I bought 2x TL-PA4010P v2 to add them to my existing TL-PA2220 starter KIT, and I can't make them to stay awake for more than some minutes in wifi.

I have been making a lot of tests but still without success:
- wired, and it does not disconnect
- connecting the TL-PA2220 in the same power plug there's no issue
- updated the firmware

HELP would be appreciated, as like this the adapters are worthless for me
Options
2017-01-03 21:18:11
I am facing the same issue, I have opened a new ticket #290427 to TPLing for interested parts. I have an existing workaround such as pinging my router continuously. As I am also logging the ping results on a file I have not observed a connection drop until now. I suspect this issue is related to a Power Saving feature on the firmware. I suspect so because by ping my router continuously I do not allow Power Saving to take place and thus there happens to be no connection drops.
Options
My internet goes down too
2017-01-08 18:06:23
As you I play online, but Hearthstone, and in the online games connection sometimes just drop. Sometimes it come back in time, otherwise I lose the game. Very frustrating!! I can see on the App Airport that internet is down for a while. I hope someone find a solution.
Options
2017-01-08 18:59:53
I get the same random disconnections sometimes when I play Hearthstone online. I lose games and and rank, makes me frustrated. They must fix this with an firmware update asap!
Options
2017-01-08 21:03:29
I have the TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT. I have an issue of where I am getting on PS4, "Network Error: You are no longer in a party." When that occurs typically my friends list when I go to it or join party continually attempts to load. If I unplug my powerline adapter for a second then replug it in everything goes back to normal. I would like to get to the bottom of this issue. As one person said a constant ping or connection seems to help, for this occurs mostly when I'm on single player games such as Skyrim or Fallout. However, it hasn't occurred when playing Destiny or Elder Scrolls Online. My thoughts on what causing it at this point are, is it a PSN issue, is it a PS4 firmware issue, has my powerline adapter become defective (because it never occurred for months), is it because I am running central heat in the house... I have 0 uncorrected octets on all channels of my cable modem with over 30 billion octets on each channel. This tells me it's not the Internet connection. I don't think it's the router because I unplug the powerline adapters and replug them in to the outlet and it works again. So is it a flux in power due to running the heating, a keep alive issue with PSN and PS4, or defective powerline adapters?
Options
2017-01-17 22:09:16
What kind of support is it when we are supposed to find solutions on ourselves in a forum?! :mad:
Options
2017-01-18 23:48:10
Guys, I have not looked into this thread for a very long time and I must say I think I got a fix.
I emailed with the guys at TP Link from the Netherlands, and they send me a little program where I could turn the saving mode off manually,

-They told me to download the most recent version of WinPCAP: www.winpcap.org
-After that they told me to download the most recent version of powerline utility: http://static.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-PA4010(EU_V1_Utility_131216.zip ( http://nl.tp-link.com/download/TL-PA4010.html#Utility)

Than you plug the powerline in your PC directly and run the powerline utility, turn power saving mode off and save it.
You do the exact same thing with all the other TP powerline adapters in your house.

I have been gaming for 2 month's now and I must say I never had a disconnect again.

Hope this helps alot of you guys out as it did help me out.

-UniQue
Options
2017-01-19 18:04:24
What they have provided you is still a workaround and not a final solution. They claim to have a power saving feature and they must make it operating without any problem. Suggesting to switch it off is not a final solution.
Options
2017-01-21 23:56:56
Thanks. It seems like turning off power save helped.
Options
2017-01-23 16:31:21

n3r0s wrote

Thanks. It seems like turning off power save helped.

I am glad I could help you with the problem, wish I had someone tell me that!
Options