Upgrade Powerlink Network with different speed kit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-07 21:38:35
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I currently have an AV500 powerlink network of 3 plugs on a 128Mbps Virgin cable connection via Virgin Super Hub (dual band capable). They are all ethernet and wifi extenders.

I need a couple more connection points in my house and I'm thinking maybe to get a faster kit, which will be connected to the Super Hub, but will the existing AV500s be able to connect? The speed is sufficient for most of my devices, so I don't mind if the speed is slower for those connection points, but will the rest of the network be at the speed of the new powerlink devices used?

Secondly, is the difference in speed really that palpable? It would be quite a lot cheaper to just buy a couple of AV500s.

If this is possible, and worthwhile, which new kit would you recommend?

Thanks in advance! :)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Upgrade Powerlink Network with different speed kit?
2016-12-08 16:54:48
The AV500 kit should happily connect to newer ones. I'd recommend you go with the AV1200 series for best performance with well matured firmware. [Besides, AV1200 is basically AV600 on two channels, so it would sort of be a perfect match. Just make sure you put the router on one of the AV1200 units.

The dual channel approach helps when there is simultaneous use on more than one device at a time - e.g. when an AV600 client occupies the "normal" channel, a pair of AV1200 can still talk on the "alternate" channel at full speed.
Options
Re:Upgrade Powerlink Network with different speed kit?
2016-12-09 19:39:09
Excellent, thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 508

Replies: 2

Related Articles