Wireless PLC Device Scan Not Working on Mac/Sierra

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless PLC Device Scan Not Working on Mac/Sierra

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Still crash on Mac Sierra 10.12.5
2017-06-17 00:48:04
Still crash on Mac Sierra 10.12.5, more than half year the problem not being fixed.
It seems to me TP-Link abandon Mac users. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Options
Re:Wireless PLC Device Scan Not Working on Mac/Sierra
2017-06-23 07:55:45
Today a customer of mine complained about poor internet performance. His TP-LINK PLC has been operating on channel 11 for most of a year, and he had recently installed one of those damnable HP printers that shrieks all day on channel 11 and can't be disabled. I attempted to reconfigure his TP-LINK to another channel, only to find that the Mac configuration tool could no longer detect any TP-LINK devices (despite the fact that I running directly off its WiFi). This is unacceptable.
Options
2017-07-04 18:28:13
Hi there,

Here is a beta utility for Mac 10.12 from TP-Link.
http://static.tp-link.com/beta_PowerlineUtility.zip
Options
2017-07-06 04:45:48
Unfortunately, under 10.11 (at least) this package presents a flash screen saying "confidential, only for test" and then immediately aborts. The failure I reported above was under 10.11.
Options
2017-08-26 03:45:04
I believe the problem I experienced is that none of TP-Link's tools work if the app is given a more informative name. For example, today I downloaded the newest "tpPLC.app" and it worked quite handily. When I renamed it to "TP-Link PLC Utility.app" (because what user will ever remember two months from now what tpPLC stood for?) the tool threw up an initial screen and then immediately aborted. I solved my problem by creating an alias (shortcut) to the original file.

In 30 years, I've never seen another Mac app that failed just because someone renamed it. TP-Link code is violating Apple coding standards. (It is also unsigned with a developer certificate, and thus quite difficult for the average user to open without heroic measures.) TP-Link should remedy both these shortcomings.
Options
Related Articles