Firmwareupdate for TP-PL8030P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmwareupdate for TP-PL8030P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
163 Reply
Re:Firmwareupdate for TP-PL8030P
2017-07-08 02:01:21
Yes i see the CLP with your tplink utility.
Options
Options
2017-07-08 18:18:15
I have already tried to update the PLC with the NVM from 8010P (it's the same) and the PIB i've linked but it fail in tpPLC (after waiting 10s, it fail instantly with 8010 or 8030 PIB), i will try with the tplink utility.

I know i can brick the device, but i really like to tune lots of thinks :-)
Options
2017-07-09 00:14:26

Uranium wrote

I have already tried to update the PLC with the NVM from 8010P (it's the same) and the PIB i've linked but it fail in tpPLC (after waiting 10s, it fail instantly with 8010 or 8030 PIB), i will try with the tplink utility.

I know i can brick the device, but i really like to tune lots of thinks :-)

I've made the PIB.
Chance are that PIB will either fail or brick the bootloader since I've made it without any verification. It could also successfully flash the chipset who's know. I don't have any device nearby I could feed it to check the flashing procedure.
If you want I can give you trough PM the link but I might not able to give you the support required to unbrick till I put mine hands on the same PLC ( won't happen ).
Keep in mind your device is fairly different from mine: your has additional software & hardware layer and I don't know if the recovery procedure are the same.
If you can wait september, unless tplink decided to update, I will check the PIB by using mine as test device.
Your call.
Options
2017-07-10 01:30:01
Yes please you can give me the link for the PIB, I don't know yet if I will flash it but I am beginning to take an interest in the modification of PIB.
Thank you for taking the time to made the PIB.
Options
2017-07-15 17:16:48
Nolan, hey. Just found this threat and I'm quite happy to see somebody with enough knowledge able to modify the firmware. Is there any chance you can fix the drop of connection by implementing content ping between the 2 devices? (with powersaving mode off I still experience this from time to time.)

Additionally I was wondering if for example wpa8630 can be turned into a router? I believe technical it can support just the firmware needs to be modified a bit. I do understand this could take more time and I'm willing to financially support if necessary :)

Let me know what you think, thanks.
Options
2017-08-05 18:39:47

MarkoD wrote

Hi Nolan, would it be possible to port the new firmware for TP-PL8010P V1?

Based upon the 2.2.3 firmware and tested just the flashing part.

8010P V1 2.2.3

Use the embedded flashing utility.

Yes please you can give me the link for the PIB, I don't know yet if I will flash it but I am beginning to take an interest in the modification of PIB.
Thank you for taking the time to made the PIB.

Giving you right now the link through PM. Report back if it brick or work.

WPA8630 V1 2.2.3 * Confirmed to work by Uranium

Use the embedded flashing utility.

Nolan, hey. Just found this threat and I'm quite happy to see somebody with enough knowledge able to modify the firmware. Is there any chance you can fix the drop of connection by implementing content ping between the 2 devices? (with powersaving mode off I still experience this from time to time.)

Additionally I was wondering if for example wpa8630 can be turned into a router? I believe technical it can support just the firmware needs to be modified a bit. I do understand this could take more time and I'm willing to financially support if necessary :)

Let me know what you think, thanks.

Yes, the WPA8630 can be used to deploy any custom open source firmware, tho, idk about the chip throughput ability.
Options
2017-08-06 17:05:07
Thanks, Nolan, will try it out and report back! :-)

I had to use the latest TP PLC uility - flashing didn't work with the bundled (older) utility. Other than that, everything worked

PS: I'm getting a more stable connection and higher speeds on the older 2.0.0 firmware. However, I'm using the units between 2 apartments in one building :-).
Options
2017-08-08 04:14:04

NOLAN wrote

Giving you right now the link through PM. Report back if it brick or work.

It work, thank you !
I'm using your firmware for the WPA-8635P and the tp-link beta 2.2.3 from TP-LINK for the PA-8015P, i will make a report after few days of use.
Options
2017-08-09 00:35:47
Nolan, any chance you can modify the firmware the way that it will always ping the 2 power lines devices? so we finally fix the random disconnects and timeouts.
Options
Related Articles