Physical orientation of powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-27 17:13:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am considering upgrading to the 8630P kit but cannot tell from the pictures on the website whether the adapters are plugged in so they stick out above or below the power socket. This page http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-18_TL-WPA8630P-KIT.html appears to show adapters in both positions. Can this be altered as I have a plug socket under a shelf which has only a small gap above so need an adapter that can hang down from the socket with the ethernet cables underneath as shown in the pic towards the bottom of the webpage? The webpage also says, "Add additional extenders to your powerline network by pair button" but I can't find any stockists that sell additional wireless adapters on their own. Where can I buy them?
Options
8 Reply
Re:Physical orientation of powerline adapters
2016-12-28 10:15:09

rwg wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am considering upgrading to the 8630P kit but cannot tell from the pictures on the website whether the adapters are plugged in so they stick out above or below the power socket. This page http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-18_TL-WPA8630P-KIT.html appears to show adapters in both positions. Can this be altered as I have a plug socket under a shelf which has only a small gap above so need an adapter that can hang down from the socket with the ethernet cables underneath as shown in the pic towards the bottom of the webpage? The webpage also says, "Add additional extenders to your powerline network by pair button" but I can't find any stockists that sell additional wireless adapters on their own. Where can I buy them?

I have the TP-LINK TP-LINK AV1200 ( TL-PA8030P ). They are oriented as displayed in picture, so "TP-Link" text is read right-side up and ethernet is plugged in at the bottom.
Options
2016-12-28 16:29:01
The UK versions are upside down from everywhere else's, connectors on top.
Options
Sorry don't understand
2016-12-28 17:58:09

Almaretto wrote

I have the TP-LINK TP-LINK AV1200 ( TL-PA8030P ). They are oriented as displayed in picture, so "TP-Link" text is read right-side up and ethernet is plugged in at the button..

Which picture? There are two pictures on the same webpage that show the adapter being either above or below the power socket. Also I don't understand what "ethernet is plugged in at the button" means?
Options
2016-12-28 18:00:06
Thanks Peter. You have confirmed my fears! No way it will fit in the socket under my shelves :-(
Options
2016-12-30 02:12:15

rwg wrote

Which picture? There are two pictures on the same webpage that show the adapter being either above or below the power socket. Also I don't understand what "ethernet is plugged in at the button" means?

All of them are oriented the same way. Cat5/Cat6/Cat7 or ethernet plug is inserted in the bottom.
Options
2016-12-30 04:18:51
Hi. Did you get a reply/response to this? I have bought the 8630p kit and now cannot find extenders for sale solely on their own. The web page for this product does intimate that they can be bought solely and the diagram of a house shows two 8630p's with a single 8010p setting up the powerline.
Options
Tired of waiting
2016-12-30 18:14:07

mikebrowne wrote

Hi. Did you get a reply/response to this? I have bought the 8630p kit and now cannot find extenders for sale solely on their own. The web page for this product does intimate that they can be bought solely and the diagram of a house shows two 8630p's with a single 8010p setting up the powerline.

Hi Mike,

I only joined this forum because I emailed TP-Link's sales team with the same question before Xmas and got no response. I was hoping someone here would know the answer. I have finally got tired of waiting so went to Maplins and bought a rival company's 1200ac starter kit and separate wireless adapter in their sale. It seems that other manufacturers have no problem in supplying what customers want. I have used TP-Link routers and powerline stuff for years but I am not prepared to stay loyal to a company that puts misleading info on its website and fails to respond to customer enquiries.

Kind regards, Richard
Options
2017-01-01 18:50:20
Hi. I got no response so had an online chat with TPLink support. The simple answer is that they do not sell the 8630p wireless module separately (at the moment in the U.K.). When I pointed out that their own schematic of the house showed 2 of these and 1 8010 they said that you had to buy the whole kit again! I suggested that they should update the diagram to show a bin in the kitchen with the extra 8010 in it! She did say that some of the other models are available with just the wireless part but then the 'chat' deteriorated quite badly when I said that if I'd wanted the models with no pass through and a lower speed then I'd have bought them in the first place. Pretty disgusted really, but now I'm £99 down, I'll probably buy another. I'll have a look on EBay to see if anyone else was so annoyed, they decided to sell it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1552

Replies: 8