Why there is two port on each adaptor on a two ports kit TL-PA8020 KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-29 02:33:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I would like to setup a powerline network at home with your products. If I buy a two ports kit, there is two adaptor with two ports each. The one near the router will have two ports but if I understand well, it only need one port ?? Do I need to connect two network cable on my router to use the two ports near my computer ? Or can I buy a single port adaptor for near my router and then buy a two or three port one for near my computer ?

Thank you for your time

Jonathan
Options
3 Reply
Re:Why there is two port on each adaptor on a two ports kit TL-PA8020 KIT
2016-12-29 14:10:58
You only need to connect one network cable on your router to use the one ports of the adapter near your computer.

Options
2016-12-29 23:41:59
Ok thank you !

But if I want to use the two ports near my computer, do I need to connect two network cable on my router ?
Options
2016-12-30 16:47:57
No. These multiple ports work exactly like an ethernet switch does. You can use the extra port near your router to plug a device in there.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1024

Replies: 3