TL-WPA8630P Kit - help with channels please.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-07 23:44:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

TL-WPA8630P Kit. I appear to have set up the network correctly. My original router uses channel 11 and the Tl-WPA8630P uses channel 6 (2.4GHZ) and channel 40 (5GHZ). I have changed the SSID to that of the router. My phone and tablet stay fixed on channel 11 (from router) regardless of where I am in the house and even if the signal is a lot weaker that that broadcast on channel 6. Should the router and TP-WPA8630P be set to the same channel or should devices be automatically switching to the stronger signal channel?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P Kit - help with channels please.
2017-01-09 18:19:09
Devices should normally switch to the strongest signal. Some have a very low threshold for doing this, effectively only changing to a different AP on the same network when they've lost signal from their previous one. There really isn't anything you can do on the AP side.

Putting multiple APs onto the same channel isn't really a good idea, at least as long as their ranges overlap. In the areas of overlap, they will interfere and service quality will be really low.
Options
Re:TL-WPA8630P Kit - help with channels please.
2017-01-10 05:35:34
Thanks for that it matches what I am now finding - both the phone and tablet are a little 'sluggish' in changing channels to the stronger signal.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 934

Replies: 2

Related Articles