TL-WPA8630P connected, but no connection...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-12 01:41:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just set up a pair of TL-WPA8630P units. They're both connected and are accessible via the Wi-Fi web management page and the tpPLC utility (which confirms the connection). When I connect to their wireless network, I also have internet access.

However, when I connect back to my main network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, nothing connected to the Powerline network can be reached – I can ping devices, but nothing else. Nothing on the Powerline network can talk to devices on my main network, either.

One device on the Powerline network (a NAS) has jumbo frames enabled, but disabling this makes no difference.

So I'm guessing there's a config issue somewhere in the chain, but I can't figure out what – any ideas?

My router is an Apple Airport Extreme and I'm using a mix of Macs and Windows PCs. Latest firmware on the TL-WPA8630P.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P connected, but no connection...
2017-01-12 14:01:10
do you have another router to run a test?
Options
Re:TL-WPA8630P connected, but no connection...
2017-01-12 17:47:51
After a couple of factory resets and re-pairing experiments, this is now fixed. The set-up process was pretty hit and miss, and far from seamless, but everything is now working as expected. I disabled jumbo frames on the NAS early on to see if that was the issue (didn't seem to be), but re-enabling once everything was working kicked the NAS off the wired network. So it seems these adapters aren't compatible with jumbo frames.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 898

Replies: 2

Related Articles