TP-Link TL-WPA8630P - WiFi adapter working as full switch? Communication between clients on same adapter.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link TL-WPA8630P - WiFi adapter working as full switch? Communication between clients on same adapter.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-16 19:52:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am interested in getting the TL-WPA8630P KIT.

The WiFi Access-Point side has three Gigabit Ports, the other adapter only one.

I want to connect the single port adapter to my router and use the WiFi adapter to extend my WiFi to another room.

However, I also like to connect my PC and my NAS to the WiFi adapter. How does the adapter handle the communication between clients that are both connected to the same adapter? Are the data packages send to the router and back to the adapter or are they able to communicate directly? And if they do, which kind of real world performance can I excpect?

Thank you for your info.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WPA8630P - WiFi adapter working as full switch? Communication between clients on same adapter.
2017-01-17 09:54:39
yes, it's like a switch so it can transfer the data directly.
Options
Re:TP-Link TL-WPA8630P - WiFi adapter working as full switch? Communication between clients on same adapter.
2017-01-17 16:19:24
Think of it as a local five-port switch. One connects the PLC, one connects the wireless AP, the remaining three are on the RJ45 cable jacks.

Your real world performance largely depends on how good your PLC connection turns out to be.
Options
2017-01-18 15:30:37
I already own a couple of AV500 adapters. They reach about 40 MBit/s. I hope, that the AV1200 will reach the 100 MBit/s of my internet connection. That would suffice. However, I need a faste rconnection between my NAS and PC which will both be connected to the wifi adapter. If it functions like a local (Gigabit) switch I should be fine.
Options