Inconsistent statistics on Archer MR200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-19 19:50:43
Model : Archer MR200

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an Archer MR200 and have been trying to collect statistics from this router for each device on my network that accesses the internet through it. Initially I found that, when using DHCP to assign IP addresses to all devices on the network from the MR200, the router was not collecting statistics correctly when the IP address changed for a specific device. I also noticed that for devices that are connecting to other routers on the network which are then connecting wirelessly to the MR200 that it is the MAC address of this other router that is being identified along with the IP address of the device in the MR200 statistics page and thought that this may be interfering with the collected statistics.
I have now reserved IP addresses for each device on the network so that they always get the same IP address from DHCP on the MR200 and this seemed to be working better after deleting the statistics and rebooting. However, I have now noticed that, even though the devices are now getting the same IP address, the statistics sometimes seem to reset so that the cumulative value for that device is set to 0 and starts accumulating again. This throws out the total cumulative statistics that I am trying to record for each month’s data usage.
Is there a way to ensure that the statistics accumulate consistently for all devices over the monthly allowance period (I have set the monthly allowance period on the MR200 successfully) or is there a fault with my MR200?
Options
4 Reply
Same here
2018-02-10 03:15:18
I found this thread through google, because i also found some inconsistency in the data statistics.
Funny enough i also realized that it has something to do with the DHCP lease time, and so i also give fixed IP-Adresse to every MAC-Adress.
But sadly this didn't solve the problem. It made it better but it still resets at some point.
And i also find i really weak that the router forgets all statistics when you turn it on and off.
But someone should really fix that statistic bug.
(I only made this account for this post)
Options
Alternative firmware for Archer MR200
2018-02-12 18:27:36
It is possible to install alternative firmware on the Archer MR200.
see:-
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=64293

It took some time to understand how to do this but I did succeed eventually.
I am now using the LEDE firmware on my MR200.
The 5Ghz wifi does not work in LEDE as it is not supported.

I have also successfully installed the nlbwmon monitoring software in LEDE, however there is a slight discrepancy between the stats it reports and the stats that my provider reports.

I have also successfully tested the YAMon monitoring software in LEDE.

These monitoring softwares are difficult to install as the install instructions presume that you have a USB drive to store the data on. I have managed to get them to work with an NFS share on a PC that has to be on 24/7.

Please note that tp-link will not provide support for you if you break your router while attempting to install alternative firmware.

Good luck to anyone else that tries this...
Options
Re:Inconsistent statistics on Archer MR200
2018-02-20 04:09:54
Thanks for that detailed information.
But we just ordered the router from amazon to test it, so can't really try that out.
And after seeing that there is that strange bug (and also kinda big bug, if you want to document the data usage) we will send it back and try another one.
Options
Re:Inconsistent statistics on Archer MR200
2018-02-20 05:02:04
Thanks for that detailed information.
But we just ordered the router from amazon to test it, so can't really try that out.
And after seeing that there is that strange bug (and also kinda big bug, if you want to document the data usage) we will send it back and try another one.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 917

Replies: 4

Related Articles