Wifi not working on my TP-LINK TL-WPA8630P KIT AV1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-20 20:26:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there, hope someone can help.

I recently bought a TP-LINK TL-WPA8630P KIT AV1200 Gigabit Powerline Dual Band AC1200 Wi-Fi Extender/Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with AC Pass Through from Amazon. I have managed to synch the wifi settings and pair the devices sucessfully after a lot of trial and error that culminated in me realising that whilst I can get a hard-wired connection from the powerline extender I have put in my bedroom, it does not seem to be transmitting a wifi signal. Looking at the utility app I can see that the base unit next to the router has the wifi signal symbol next to it in the list of devices but the extender does not have this, and I am not seeing anything for it come up in the list of wifi signals on my laptop or smartphone when I try to connect to it.

Does anyone know if I just have a faulty bit of kit and need to return it or if there is something I am doing wrong, or can try to get it working?

Many thanks in advance,

Hugh

p.s. sorry for the bold - couldn't clear the formatting after copy and pasting the make/model
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi not working on my TP-LINK TL-WPA8630P KIT AV1200
2017-01-22 08:59:42
Hi
maybe you mistook the two units?
the KIT contains WPA8630 AND PA8010
the WPA8630 is a wireless unit and the PA8010 is a wired unit
(W means wireless)
Options