Archer MR200 issues, firmware build 161103

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-23 04:40:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi! I bought my Archer MR200, version EU/1.0, around May 2016. In November I got a push notification via the router's admin page (192.168.1.1) at "System Tools"/"Firmware Upgrade" that a new version of the firmware was available. I upgraded it so the router is now in the following state:

Firmware: 0.9.1 0.0 v004a.0 Build 161103 Rel.33978n
Hardware: Archer MR200 v1 00000000

After the upgrade I've got the following issues.

(1) When you start the router, a sort of a captive portal kicks in: if you try to open a page in any browser, your get redirected to the page http://flybox.home/landing/home/index.html, and it is first after you have visited that page that you are allowed to use internet. This happens in all the operating systems I've tried: Linux, Windows and Android. As a consequence, no applications can access internet before you've viewed that page, which is pretty annoying. If it is relevant - I have no guest networks activated in the router.
How can I get rid of this captive-portal-like behavior and have the router allow me to access Internet without having to visit its admin page first?

(2) The 5GHz Wi-Fi signal sometimes disappears so I have to switch the router off and on again. In some rear cases the signal appears again after 10 minutes or so. There are very few 5GHz sources near me so I can exclude interferences from other routers as a possible cause. This problem doesn't happen with the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, which is stable. The problem with the 5GHz Wi-Fi existed even before the mentioned firmware upgrade. I hoped the upgare would solve it, but it didn't and the problem is still there.
Is there any way to solve this and make the 5GHz Wi-Fi work stable?

(3) I minor issue: after the firmware upgrade the Internet led on the router's front panel is always off, even if you have access to Internet.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 617

Replies: 0