4G Wifi MR200 not allowing Wifi Calling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-03 22:23:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have recently made the switch from fixed line broadband to 4G mobile broadband as I was only able to receive 1mps via BT.

The MR200 works great, with an external antenna pulling 2 or 3 bars of reception. I now get 20-30mps.

However, I have one major flaw I need to resolve. The MR200 does not allow wifi calling to work. I live in an old stone building and there is no mobile reception in the house at all, so it is a big deal to me. After reading some threads others have mentioned the same issues with their MR200's and talk about port forwarding etc.

I am a novice on the technical side, but can follow instructions. Is there anyone out there that can explain how i configure the MR200 to allow wifi calling working? If not, it will be going back to the shop in return for a Huawei B315 which I believe does allow wifi calling.

Any help would be much appreciated please.

Kind regards
Andrew
Options
1 Reply
Re:4G Wifi MR200 not allowing Wifi Calling
2017-03-11 18:42:30
Hi

I think wifi-calling is based on ipsec vpn. so vpn passthrough must work. many firmwares have problem with that. you can try this beta firmware: Link
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 930

Replies: 1