Unable to clone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to clone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to clone
Unable to clone
2017-02-09 21:11:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just purchased The TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT and am trying to copy the wifi settings to the extender.

I'm following the accompanying instructions and I get to the stage where the wireless symbol blinks quickly but it doesn't then stay on after doing this for 3 seconds - it still flashes and then goes back to flashing slowly. The instructions also indicate that I have 2 wifi lights (2.4 and 5 GHz) I only have 1.

I've also followed some youtube instructions which are effectively the same as above but imply that everything is ok once the extender blinks quickly.

In both cases I still get the device coming up as TP_LINKetc in my wireless networks on my devices rather than the router ID.

The router is a fibre optic one and has Movistar on it. It has 2 WPS buttons - one has WPS plus on it which is the fibre optic one. This is the one I press in the above. DO I have to hold this for any length of time?

Any ideas to why the cloning process is not taing place
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to clone
2017-02-10 17:38:00
Well, first step for you is to figure out how to get the router into WPS. Read its manual maybe?
Options
2017-02-11 01:01:45

Peter M wrote

Well, first step for you is to figure out how to get the router into WPS. Read its manual maybe?

Not sure what you're asking me to do,
The router has 2 WPS buttons one for fibre optic and one for the slower speeds. The manual and the youtube tutorrial say press the WPS button. I pressed the "plus" one for the fibre optic. I am presuming this gets the router in to WPS.
Options
2017-02-13 19:11:50
I'm asking you to stop presuming and start reading ... the router's manual.
Options
2017-02-16 01:46:43

Peter M wrote

I'm asking you to stop presuming and start reading ... the router's manual.

Apparently you press the WPS button.
Now what?
Options
2017-02-16 16:55:49
Try whether WPS works for other client devices, e.g. a smartphone. If that doesn't connect through WPS either, then you need to do this differently on the router side.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1022

Replies: 5

Related Articles