WPA-8630 no DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WPA-8630 no DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WPA-8630 no DHCP
WPA-8630 no DHCP
2017-02-14 00:24:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
I have just purchased the WPA-8630KIT off Amazon.
Considering I have been using computers since the year dot, I consider myself a pretty advanced user, capable of solving most home computer problems; until I met this little beast.
So, unpacked, plugged in, paired connected wifi.
All seemed pretty simple……
Basically I could not see the devices on my phone using the app.
I check on my DHCP settings and see the WPA8360 has been assigned a 192.168.0 address. Which seems fine, but it won’t respond to a ping on my network. After an hour or so resetting and trying various things, I discovered the PC utility.
I then downloaded the PC utility, directly connected it to the extender and saw everything. However, the extended would not get DHCP from my router, so I get stuck with default configuration settings. I then decided to set a static IP, which from my perspective would be a good thing.
All this done, reboot and cannot connect to the new static IP. I then go back in via the utility and cable connection and it has reverted.
In a nutshell without a correct network IP with gateway defined, there is no way any device connecting to the device is ever going to connect through to the internet.
Is there any way to actually get the device to take a static IP.

Thanks

Steve
Options
3 Reply
Re:WPA-8630 no DHCP
2017-02-14 16:05:04
Hi
the WPA8630 should obtain an ip from router but the PA8010 won't
have you tried address reservation on router?
Options
2017-02-15 21:28:20
You say 'should' but it doesn't

If I try to manually configure, which is fine for me, it just resets back to a 169xxxx address and I have to try again.

I will try the reservation. But holding out little hope.

regards

Steve
Options
2021-06-01 19:54:19

I have a similar problem, but not quite.
My WPA-8630 v1 has been connected for several years as a WiFi range extender (repeater).
We just changed the router so I had to reset it for a new setup, discovering the WiFi etc.....
The thing is the reset seems to have only partially worked.
I mean my WiFi scanner can now see the default Tp-Link WiFi SSIDs (both 2G and 5G) but it seems that the DHCP is disabled. I just cannot get an address in order to connect with the TP-Link app or an external bowser etc....
I tried resetting several times, I do get to blinking on the LEDs to it is accepting the reset but it is stuck.
I know back then at the first setup I disabled the built-in DHCP to have the main router do it instead, but now it is stuck on disabled no matter what.
Is there a harder reset then the rese button?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 624

Replies: 3