WPA4220 Powerline Adapter acting up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-19 04:08:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello forum, I bought a refurbished WPA4220 kit, plugged it in and it worked great. I have an identical kit that I've been using for a couple years, also without hassle. Just before buying the second set I upgraded the firmware on both units of the first kit, no problem. I updated the firmware on the second kit a few days after first installing and using it. After upgrade it worked fine... I had the PL Adapter of the first set on ip address 192.168.0.30, and the newest one on 192.168.0.31. During the day (couple hours after upgrading the newer set) the ip address of the first one jumped to 192.168.0.2 and the second, at the same time, jumped to 192.168.0.42. These numbers are completely random, and doesn't fir in with the arrangement of my ip addresses for my other devices. I changed the ip addresses back to 30 and 31, at first it refused to accept the change in the web ui utility, but after clearing the browser cache it did change back and reboot.

Now the problem - the PLA of the newer kit, after saving the new ip address, did not show up in my network again. When I went to check on it, the power light is on, and the Wifi light blinks fast. No response on the powerline utility, nowhere to be seen on the network. Did a hard reset, no change. When I try to pair it with the smaller unit, the power light blinks three times only then stays on. No pairing at all. When I swith the power off an on there is a brief period where I the web ui comes alive, but this only lasts for a few seconds before the unit becomes unresponsive again.

Any ideas?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 412

Replies: 0

Related Articles