AV500 Powerline adapter: Powerline LED light not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-28 02:24:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The adapter was working fine, I've had for over a year now. However, I changed rooms recently and ever since then, I've had a lot of problems connecting to the internet with my adapter. First, the internet speed would fluctuate wildly (which it never did before) and sometimes the adapter would disconnect completely, usually after about 20 minutes. Replugging the adapter or simply waiting for the internet to come back, made it come back. Now it has stopped working altogether. My other devices (which use a router, not the TP Link adapter) work fine. I have to use the adapter for my PC though, it doesn't have a network card...

It's the middle LED light that is not working on either adapters, the other two lights work fine for both, so I just can't seem to get a connection. I've tried basically anything I could think of: changing sockets, replugging everything, checked modem, checked other devices, checked internet. It's just the TP Link adapter that isn't working. What to do?
Options
2 Reply
Re:AV500 Powerline adapter: Powerline LED light not working
2017-02-28 20:00:55
Solved it, I had to reset both adapters back to factory settings using utility download from the website.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-PA4010.html

Thanks anyway!
Options
Re:AV500 Powerline adapter: Powerline LED light not working
2017-03-02 18:15:30
You should re-pair them with an individual password. At factory settings, your neighbours could buy their own pair and hook up to (or just disturb) your network.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3694

Replies: 2